F-1 – Student Visa

F-1 Visa is Suitable For:

  • Foreign nationals qualified to attend a full course of study at colleges, universities, conservatories, or academic high schools in the U.S.
  • Foreign nationals coming to attend a full course at U.S. institutions with language training programs.

To qualify for F-1 visa, you must:

  • Be proficient in English, unless you are coming to the U.S. to participate in an English language training program. In some cases the school may make special arrangements to teach you English
  • Prove that you have sufficient funds to complete your education
  • Be coming to attend a full course of study by a school approved by the USCIS
  • Have Form I-20A-B issued by your school

On the F-1 visa, you may:

  • Come to the U.S. as a full time academic or language student enrolled in a program leading to a degree or certificate
  • Transfer from one school to another or switch academic programs by notifying the change to the USCIS
  • Legally work part time on-campus. You may even seek off-campus employment if it is economically necessary or if it involves practical training
  • Travel in and out of the U.S. or remain in the U.S. until the completion of your studies
  • Bring your dependents on F-2 visa