K-1/K-2 – Fiancé / Fiancée Visa

The K1 fiancé visa is available to foreign citizens who would like to marry an American citizen and reside permanently in the U.S.

You are eligible for the K1 fiancé visa if:

  1. You and your fiancé are legally eligible to marry under the laws of your country as well as the laws of the U.S.
  2. You will marry the petitioning U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the U.S.
  3. You intend to enter the U.S. solely to marry the U.S. citizen
  4. You have met the U.S. citizen within the last two years before filing for the K1 fiance visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiance in person would violate long-established customs, or would create extreme hardship for the U.S. citizen